Jane Ledwell is an exciting and promising new poetic voice in Atlantic Canada. Jane Ledwell grew up in Prince Edward Island and returned to the Island after studying language and literature at Mount Allison University, in New Brunswick, and the University of Waikato, in New Zealand.
She has been awarded local and regional prizes and grants for her prose and poetry, notably first prize for both prose and poetry in the Atlantic Writing Awards in 2001. Her work has been broadcast on CBC Radio, most recently as part of the CBC Poetry Face-Off 2005, and has been published in journals such as blueSHIFT and anthologies such as Landmarks and A Bountiful Harvest.
She lives and writes in Charlottetown with her husband, visual artist Stephen B. MacInnis, and their daughter. Her personal website is at www.sandacre.ca.
As an editor, Jane has worked on several Acorn Press titles, including the following:
- Beyond Silence, by SAGE
- Sex After Baby, by Kathleen Hamilton
- The Taste of Water, by Frank Ledwell
- The Enchanted House, by Beth E. Janzen
- Stories from the Quilt, by Margie Carmichael
- Kindred Spirits, by Dianne Hicks Morrow
- Her Teeth Are Stones, by Judy Gaudet
- Island Sketchbook, by Frank Ledwell
- The Brow of Dawn, by Catherine Edward
- The Betrayer, by Michael Hennessey
- Joanie's Country Cookbook, by Joanie Sutton
- Long Reach Home, by Dianne Hicks Morrow